Pause for thought, food for thought ... pause for food.
News, developments and an exploration of the legal and policy issues facing artisan and small scale food producers, along with insights for the co-producer-come-consumer to help make sense of it all.
- Watching #SavoryConf LIVE online - 'Putting Grasslands to Work' bit.ly/UFtF2X Cows are essential to getting soils thriving! 8 hours ago
- .@richardbranson's Twitter beef with beef bit.ly/UF2OnE A simplistic and ill-informed analysis - he'd do better giving up flying! 10 hours ago
- @PeelhamFarm A pleasure - we should 'blow the trumpet' for you and great producers length and breadth of country louder and more often! :) 1 day ago
- Latest food allergen labelling guidance published by @foodgov bit.ly/1uOI6Cd Graphic bit.ly/1uOI6Ck http://t.co/RxmVFaRhZ7 8 hours ago
- RT @microbialfoods: How wooden boards, used correctly, may be safer than plastic for aging cheese: microbialfoods.org/wooden-boards-… 1 day ago
- Cyprus files #PDO application for halloumi leaving Turkish Cypriot cheesemakers concerned bit.ly/1ztYXJi via @FoodGeography 2 days ago
Tagsadditives Ark of Taste artisan artisan bakers artisan food artisan products bread butchery Carlo Petrini charcuterie charcutier cheese company cheese producers China Christmas dairy farmers Devil's Rock Blue Earth Markets exploitation flavouring Florida flour flour fortification foie gras food food communities food hygiene food miles food research food standards Food Standards Agency food trends FSA fungicide global food system Green Top Milk Hook & Son industrial agriculture insecticide local food Lochmuir M&S Marine Conservation Society Marine Stewardship Council Marks & Spencer micro climate milk milk solids nutrients organic PDO pesticide PEW Pexommier Pextenement Cheese Company pork Processed Food provenance raw milk raw milk cheese rhubarb salmon slavery Slow Food slow food movement social distance Soil Association surveys sustainable fish Terra Madre Tesco Tim Smith tomato unpasteurised milk Yorkshire