Pause for thought, food for thought ... pause for food.
News, developments and an exploration of the legal and policy issues facing artisan and small scale food producers, along with insights for the co-producer-come-consumer to help make sense of it all.
- @gilljacobs1 Yes, US figures lot higher, but differential in Europe similar. Seen research that shows pastured cows carbon neutral! :) 5 hours ago
- @RosewoodNat Not immediately obvious, full study here: bit.ly/1lP0q8L Does make clear industrial/factory production biggest consumer 6 hours ago
- Dairy products use a whole lot of water - a point well made here bit.ly/1kH6vE5 ... and meat even more! Food for thought? 6 hours ago
- Salt is an essential ingredient and in @Halen_Mon sea salt ... "everything conspires to make it good" bit.ly/1geon5S 6 hours ago
- RT @pundles: Sterilise farmed salmon to save wild species ind.pn/1nzIhKD 95% are farmed and millions escape to damage wild salmon g… 10 hours ago
- RT @pundles: Rules that make cost most important factor in food purchase to be scrapped dailym.ai/1nzHARy The message is getting throu… 11 hours ago
Tagsadditives Ark of Taste artisan artisan bakers artisan food artisan products bread butchery Carlo Petrini charcuterie charcutier cheese company cheese producers China Christmas dairy farmers Devil's Rock Blue Earth Markets exploitation flavouring Florida flour flour fortification foie gras food food communities food hygiene food miles food research food standards Food Standards Agency food trends FSA fungicide global food system Green Top Milk Hook & Son industrial agriculture insecticide local food Lochmuir M&S Marine Conservation Society Marine Stewardship Council Marks & Spencer micro climate milk milk solids nutrients organic PDO pesticide PEW Pexommier Pextenement Cheese Company pork Processed Food provenance raw milk raw milk cheese rhubarb salmon slavery Slow Food slow food movement social distance Soil Association surveys sustainable fish Terra Madre Tesco Tim Smith tomato unpasteurised milk Yorkshire