Pause for thought, food for thought ... pause for food.
News, developments and an exploration of the legal and policy issues facing artisan and small scale food producers, along with insights for the co-producer-come-consumer to help make sense of it all.
- @SavorTooth Want to think you're right, but am old cynic and even if right it's a small step in the overall scheme of things ... good luck! 25 minutes ago
- @SavorTooth Guardian quote of McDonald's policy was 'prohibits' not 'favour' - latter leaves wiggle room and McD's declined comment? 45 minutes ago
- @SavorTooth More confident than 12 year old pledge yet to deliver? bit.ly/1NhPj4r ... or a case of knowing what people want to hear? 1 hour ago
- The weird world of wine law ... from @OnReserve bit.ly/1zY6n6q 5 hours ago
- Latest wood fired #realbread + pizza ovens approved for use in smoke control areas bit.ly/1EMGD2j Inc. @BeechOvens and Dingley Dell 7 hours ago
- Make mine a large glass of sparkling Sussex, bartender on.ft.com/1DMAS0i Sussex wine in bid for #PDO EU protected name status 9 hours ago
Tagsadditives Ark of Taste artisan artisan bakers artisan food artisan products bread butchery Carlo Petrini charcuterie charcutier cheese company cheese producers China Christmas dairy farmers Devil's Rock Blue Earth Markets exploitation flavouring Florida flour flour fortification foie gras food food communities food hygiene food miles food research food standards Food Standards Agency food trends FSA fungicide global food system Green Top Milk Hook & Son industrial agriculture insecticide local food Lochmuir M&S Marine Conservation Society Marine Stewardship Council Marks & Spencer micro climate milk milk solids nutrients organic PDO pesticide PEW Pexommier Pextenement Cheese Company pork Processed Food provenance raw milk raw milk cheese rhubarb salmon slavery Slow Food slow food movement social distance Soil Association surveys sustainable fish Terra Madre Tesco Tim Smith tomato unpasteurised milk Yorkshire